California Rainbow Scholarships
Scholarship Program Overview
- Any California Rainbow Girl in good standing who needs financial assistance to attend college or prepare for a particular career may apply for
a scholarship. Applicants must not have attained their majority and must be current in Assembly dues as of the scholarship announcement, typically
Sunday evening of Grand Assembly.
- Applicants must carry a full-time course load.
- Scholarships are open to those who attend community college, university, or vocational school. The institution must be accredited by the U.S.
Department of Education.
- In the event a recipient does not attend an accredited school beginning the fall semester/quarter immediately following the Grand Assembly in which
the scholarship was awarded, the scholarship is forfeited. Very rare exceptions to this rule may be granted by the Chairman of the Scholarship
- In California, many students who plan to attend 2-year community colleges can have their enrollment fees (tuition) waived through the California College Promise Grant. For more information about the California College Promise Grant, please visit:
- Scholarships awarded at Grand Assembly are intended for the upcoming school year. If funds are not used during the academic year, money will be returned to the foundation.
Applications will be accepted on this website from February 1 - March 1. All applications must be completed by the Rainbow Girl herself. Late applications will not be considered.
In addition to completing the scholarship applications, ALL applicants must complete a 90-minute Financial Aid workshop offered by the California IORG Scholarship Committee. You have two options to complete this course:
- In-person workshop: February 20 at 10:00 AM, prior to the Grand Worthy Advisor's Reception.
- Virtual Webinar: Available on-demand via private link. The workshop must be completed between February 20 - March 5. Please email email@example.com for the link to the webinar.
California Rainbow Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to those students who require financial assistance in entering higher education and who have demonstrated
academic excellence and leadership in their local assembly. Open to high school seniors and continuing students who will attend an institution
not covered by the California College Promise Grant, typically 4-year colleges. This scholarship is paid directly to the college on August 1st .
California Rainbow Books and Materials Scholarship
Awarded to students who will attend an institution for which tuition is paid for by the California College Promise Grand, typically 2-year community colleges. This scholarship is also available to students attending trade schools. This scholarship is awarded directly to the student and may be used for fees or to purchase textbooks and school supplies. Open to high school seniors and continuing students.
Florence McDonald Music Scholarship
GPA Requirement: 3.2 and above
Awarded to a student seeking a degree in music. Available to high school seniors and continuing students. This scholarship is paid directly to the college on August 1st.
The Jessie D. Nelson Scholarship
$5,000- paid in two installments
GPA Requirement: 3.2 and above.
Awarded to a student who is continuing studies in the health and medical field. Only available to continuing college students. This scholarship is paid directly to the college on August 1st and January 1st.
The Anna Lind Scholarship
GPA Requirement: 2.8 and above
Awarded to a student who has demonstrated particularly outstanding leadership and excellence in California Rainbow. Open to high school seniors and continuing students. This scholarship is paid directly to the college on August 1st.
The Sara Lee and
Glenn Martin Education Memorial Scholarship
GPA Requirement: 3.2 and above
Awarded to a student seeking a degree in any education-related field (K-12 and above) for a career as a teacher, administrator, school counselor, teaching assistant, special education teacher, or speech pathologist. Open to high school seniors and continuing students. This scholarship is paid directly to the college on August 1st.