About Rainbow Pledge
Rainbow Pledge is a social and service organization for girls from ages 8 to 11.
The Rainbow Pledge Program is designed to build confidence. A Rainbow Pledge member will learn how to accept responsibility and how to be both an effective leader and a dependable follower. She will have the opportunity to learn how to speak effectively and to listen carefully.
The Rainbow Pledge Program allows girls to be of service to others, which will bring the girls a genuine feeling of accomplishment by helping others. The Pledge Program can open the door to fun experiences and friendships that will stay with young girls
throughout their lives.
Rainbow Pledge is designed to be inexpensive. There are no membership fees or dues. However, occasionally parents or guardians may be asked to assist with an activity as a chaperone or to provide transportation or refreshments. Pledge meetings are open to all supporters, and no affiliation is required. Parents, grandparents, and legal guardians are welcome and encouraged to attend all Rainbow Pledge meetings. Friends and siblings are also welcome. Several activities during the year will be held with the Rainbow Girls. We sincerely hope that each Pledge member will enjoy this program and decide she wants to become a Rainbow Girl when she reaches her eleventh birthday.
If you are interested in learning more about Pledge in your area, please contact a member of the State Pledge Team:
- San Diego and Inland Empire
- Robyn Pewitt email@example.com
- Los Angeles, San Joaquin Valley, Antelope Valley and Coastal Assemblies
- Liz Fessenden firstname.lastname@example.org
- San Francisco Bay Area, Santa Cruz and San Jose
- Catherine Aylesworth email@example.com
- Greater Sacramento Area and Northern California to Oregon Border
- Barbara Lewis Mill firstname.lastname@example.org